From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of
charles_shaf...@ntn-bower.com
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 12:50 PM
To: U2 Users List
Cc: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Monitoring connections on Unidata

>>I wrote a pgm that executes !listuser, captures the license counts
>>from
the output (maybe line 4?), rips that data apart and writes the data to a log
file (LICENSES).  This job runs every 15 >>minutes.

>>I then wrote a program that runs every morning and exports all the
>>data
to a tab-delimited txt file and E-mails it to the IT management.  Any data over
90 days is purged (so my file is fairly >>static in size).

>>Management then open it in Excel and make pretty pictures with charts
and pivot tables.  It allows them to track when we are busy, how many licenses
we are using, etc.  They have found this to be >>very helpful.

>>Maybe this would help.

>>JRI

You bet.  Management loves numbers.  Is it Unibasic?

Thanks.

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation