> Has anyone had practical experience with increasing this limit?

Yes, just do it.

UniVerse keeps the current load/split information in shared memory for
speed, and this value determines the number of slots reserved for these
entries. If you reach that limit it ain't graceful.

There is no downside to increasing it, though you might want to look at why
you have large number of dynamic files (though 200 isn't particularly large)
and whether you are holding them open unnecessarily (e.g. in named common).

Also you might want to look at your MFILES values if you plan on keeping
lots of dynamic files as they have a larger impact.

Brian