thanks Dan,
       I am a bit confused as to why when I accept the certificate issue and
run the program from TCL it works fine but if I run it from my c# app (logging
in as the same user) I get the message to accept the certificate again (when I
already accepted it permanently  from tcl)

I bet it a path issue, which begs another question, how does it (uniobjects)
get its env (in particular PATH)  I will add logging of the env tonight and
compare it to the env of my regular user when logged in I bet they are
different and uniobjects doesn't "see" that I already permanently accepted the
certificate (even though its self signed)

thanks again

dougc