On 24/07/12 20:08, Wjhonson wrote:

> On nix, when you change users, you are saying it does not set any environment
> variables ?

Yes I am - by default at least.

If I write a service that starts off as root, then suids to something
else, it is down to MY PROGRAMMING to load that user's environment. If I
don't, it runs with the original environment.

That's why so many things written by inexperienced users and run from
cron keep breaking ...

Cheers,
Wol