Are they using terminals or PCs?

Are they using an ADDS or WYSE emulation regardless of if they are using terminals or PCs?

The reason why I am asking is because I used to have a similiar error at one place where they had WYSE50 terminals.

There is a character sequence on those terminals that if printed to the screen causes the terminal to report back the model number of the terminal by entering them into the input buffer. I think it was <ESC> <SPACE> .

If you print this sequence to the screen and you have a WYSE50, it would enter a "50" for you at TCL which would then say "50 is not a verb" or something like that. Same goes for WYSE60.

This is just a clue. I would rule out control characters at this point.

Robert Norman
.
ROBERT NORMAN AND ASSOCIATES
23441 Golden Springs Dr., #289, Diamond Bar, CA 91765
(951) 541-1668
i...@keyway.net <mailto:i...@keyway.net>
http://users.keyway.net/~ice/ <http://users.keyway.net/%7Eice/>
Affordable UNIVERSE programming services for PICK/BASIC, DATA/BASIC, UniVerse
Basic, UniBasic, R/BASIC, jBC.