Thanks, all, for the suggestions!  Lots of good thoughts here!  The client
is in the UK and they're closed for the weekend so can't do any more
testing for me until Monday morning.  I will have them check into the
things that have been suggested and report back...

Robert - good though on the terminal wackiness; I'm pretty sure the error
happens when scripted too, but well worth looking into some other
emulations, etc.

Dan - I thought a "truss" was something us old guys wore when we had
hernias! ;-) I'll try what you're suggesting; sounds like a great tool!

Drew - "uv" alone works fine, no problems.

Rick - Thanks, I will pursue the uvsh tip!

Really appreciate all the help - have a great weekend, all.

Jeff Fitzgerald