Are you the client or the server?  acceptConnection is only used by the
server to accept incoming socket connection requests.  If you're trying to
communicate as a client to a remote server, you won't use
acceptConnection, you'll just open the socket, write the request, read the
response, and close the socket.

Larry Hiscock
Western Computer Services