BlueFinity’s mv.NET Version 4.3 Release Details
The upcoming release of mv.NET, Version 4.3, brings some important additions to
BlueFinity's flagship product, including:
-  Support for Visual Studio 2012
-  Support for RESTful web service development
-  Performance enhancements
As David Cooper, Lead Developer at BlueFinity, explains, "This release of
mv.NET is significant for several reasons.  First, it provides what is arguably
the simplest yet most powerful and flexible way of creating RESTful web
services against a MultiValue database.  Second, the integration with RESTful
service support demonstrates the power and flexibility of our entity modelling
framework - a framework that sets us apart from all of the other vendors in the
MultiValue market space.  Third, and by no means least, this release puts in
place a number of key architectural features that will act as the cornerstone
of a number of really exciting things that we at BlueFinity will be releasing
over the coming year. ”
Focusing on the RESTful web service support in the new release, Cooper
explains, “The way in which we’ve implemented our RESTful service support is
designed to give the developer the best of both worlds.  They can use the tried
and trusted industry standard Microsoft Windows infrastructure to deliver their
secure web services while at the same time being able to generate their
specific web service content in incredibly short timescales.  This really
captures the spirit of BlueFinity software; allowing the use of Industry
standard infrastructures and skill sets while still being able to harness the
full power of the MultiValue platform. ”  He continues, “What we’ve also done
within the product is to allow you to generate the code for the client-side
(consumer) of the RESTful service – something that will save the application
developer a whole load of time and effort.”
Visual Studio 2012 is an important release of the world’s leading IDE as it
starts to pull together what has previously been a collection of independently
installed development components, for example Windows Phone, Azure and ASP.NET
MVC, as well as providing all of the tooling for the new Windows 8 app
environment.
Cooper concludes, "The next 12 months will see a number of key technology
launches from Microsoft, with Windows 8 being at the top of this list.
BlueFinity is tracking this dynamic situation closely and we already have a
number of product initiatives ready to ensure that the MultiValue market is
able to take full advantage of the developments coming from Microsoft.”
mv.NET 4.3 will be available later this month.  For more information, email
sa...@bluefinity.com<mailto:sa...@bluefinity.com>.
FREE WEBINAR DEMONSTRATION
On October 2nd, BlueFinity will demonstrate just how quick and easy it is to
create RESTful services in a free webinar.  Attendees will be shown how to
generate RESTful services on a variety of sample MultiValue applications
running on different mobile platforms including Windows 8.
Details and registration:  https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/445632618