From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of HENDERSON MIKE,
MR
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 10:08 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] [Windows] (SECURITY=UNCLASSIFIED)

Great input, Tony.

But be warned WJ, if your client PCs are external to your network, then
Private Addressing and NAT may make this whole exercise nugatory.
For example, if your host network / server is on your 10.x.y.z (or
192.168.a.b) and your remote client is on his 10.x.y.y (or 192.168.a.c),
then you may end up resolving the name for the remote client as being
whatever has 10.x.y.y (or 192.168.a.c) assigned on its local network.
IPv4 addresses are legitimately non-unique.

Regards

Mike