No that's wrong.  So far none of the solutions presented has given me the IP or
hostname of the particular telnet clients involved.

As I mentioned before, you probably didn't read this one, when you start a
telnet client it appears in the tasklist

In this case, it's tl_server.exe which is Rocket's special telnet server
However IF you do *not* login on that telnet server, then no corresponding
entry is made in the netstat table, or perhaps one is made and then nulled out
again.

At the point you want to ask, well what are the ip numbers of these
connections, you have 62 tl_server entries and 61 (repeat 61, not 62) netstat
entries.  That one extra "zombie entry" in the tasklist, is not present in the
netstat output.

So netstat is apparently only showing live or active connections or whatever
you might call it, whereas the windows server is holding on to one or more
*extra* zombies.

Yes you can kill those *extra* tl_server.exe sessions, but really it would be
nice to know what activated them.

I killed all the zombies last week, and now I'm back up to about six extra
tl_server sessions without corresponding netstat entries