As long as only 1 user is using it: watch for this (2 users in quick
succession):

PORT.STATUS started at 14-Sep-2012 09:53:40
Finished at 14-Sep-2012 09:53:40
PORT.STATUS is currently being run by another user, try again later.

On 14 September 2012 09:38, <dean.armbrus...@ferguson.com> wrote:

> And the winner is:
>
> PORT.STATUS
>
> It is quick and easy.  My program executes it using its own @USERNO and
> parses it out.  With no options, it returns instantly.
>
> LISTUSER and listuser were too slow.  It takes 20+ seconds for them to
> return from an captured EXECUTE/PCPERFORM when it has to output our 6000+
> sessions.  I'd probably grep the smm.log if I were writing a unix script or
> program.  Having a SYSTEM() call to get this is on the wish list.
>
> My thanks to Kevin, Dan, Colin, and Rod for your suggestions.
>
> Dean Armbruster
> System Analyst
> 757-989-2839

Kate Stanton
Walstan Systems Ltd
4 Kelmarna Ave, Herne Bay, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
Phone: + 64 9 360 5310  Mobile: + 64 21 400 486
Email: k...@walstan.com