We have a customer who has a system that was rebooted a couple days ago.
 Since then, and only in one certain subroutine, when doing an MCU
conversion on a multivalued list, the ASCII 253 value marks are replaced
with ASCII 221.  Understanding that the difference between an lower and
upper case A is 32 in the ASCII table (97 - 65), it seems like Unidata is
treating the delimiters like normal characters.  But again, this only
happens in certain programs.  If I extract the lines of code that exhibit
this behavior into its own program, the problem does not occur.

Any ideas what might be causing this and only in one subroutine?  Both my
test program and the real program with the problem are $BASICTYPE "U".