We have a client that needs to print the United States Postal Service’s
Intelligent Mail barcode (Imb) on their bills.

The USPS has provided specifications for encoding the zip codes into the format
needed to print the IMb.
https://ribbs.usps.gov/intelligentmail_mailpieces/documents/tech_guides/SPUSPSG.pdf

(The encoding specifications begin in section 3.2, page 4.)

The ideal solution would be for us to add a call from our UniBasic bill print
program to a subroutine that performs the necessary steps to encode the zip
codes into the IMb format. Has anyone already written a program that does the
encoding?

They are running UniData 6.0.12, SB+ 5.2.4 on Windows Server 2003.