From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Gregor Scott
Sent: Thursday, 22 November 2012 10:48 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] UV11.1.9 uvconfig issue

I need guidance from those who have battled (and hopefully won!) the UV11
shared memory setup.

I am configuring a RHEL6 server with UV11.1.9 to perform some load testing, and
am getting an issue with uvregen processing the uvconfig settings.

The error is:

       # uvregen
       Disk shared memory size of 44759272 exceeds maximum allowed size of
33554432
       uvregen: error during regen, process aborted
       uvregen: error during regen, process aborted
       #

The question is:

       What setting(s) in the uvconfig file (or in unix) control the "maximum
allowed size" value of 33554432 (32768k, 32mb)?

We are tuning for 1040 uv processes (with 10 device licenses per proc, and 2
connection pool licenses and possible 45% phantom process loading), so the
following uvconfig settings are in place:

       NUSERS 15083
       SHM_GNTBLS 32
       SHM_GNPAGES 480
       SHM_GPAGESZ 512

Thanks

Gregor

This email and any attachments to it are confidential.
You must not use, disclose or act on the email if you are not the intended
recipient.  Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards
Legislation.

This email message and any files attaching to it has been transmitted by Youi
Pty Ltd and they are intended only for the addressee(s) and contain information
which may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright. If you are
not the intended recipient, please destroy this e-mail immediately. For full
terms and conditions of this e-mail communication please visit
http://www.youi.com.au/terms-and-conditions/email-disclaimer .Youi Pty Ltd is
committed to responsible environmental management in carrying out its
operations. Please consider the environment before printing this email.