From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Wols Lists
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 1:36 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Things you shouldn't do.....

Off-topic - I make a lot of use of this tactic to save disk space - I
store all my digital photos in a "secure area", and then link them into
my and my wife's home directories so we both see the same file. And
because I use hard links, moving the "original" file doesn't break the
links. If you do an "ls -al" in a directory, one of the columns is the
number of links to the inode - do hard linking and you'll see this climb
above 1. Just don't hard-link a directory - I gather it can be done, but
an rm is likely to make a mess of your files ...

> James

Cheers,
Wol