From: Jeff Schasny <jscha...@gmail.com>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Fri, Dec 28, 2012 12:47 pm
Subject: Re: [U2] Eclipse ? was  Job ad in Ardmore, PA

Clark wrote the original DOS version of Eterm. The windows version (the
one in the video you linked to) was completely re-written from scratch
in C (by Bill Weir) after he left the company.

If you tried to run Eclipse without Eterm you would have a very
scrambled screen. Eterm uses proprietary control sequences to do things
like multiple overlapping windows and scrolling messages to name just a
couple.

Wjhonson wrote:
> Hmmm I've updated the Intuit page to show the links to Eterm.
> I see that Clark Yennie (apparently) claims to have written it himself.
> He is on LinkedIn, I wonder if he is still in the Pick world ?
>
> What would happen if you just tried to Telnet into the system *without* using
Eterm ?