Just a point of reference, Unidata at version 7.3.2 supports milliseconds
for those of you who need it:

Issue UDT-4104 - Problem Description

UniBasic -- At this release of UniData, the ICONV and OCONV functions
have been enhanced to include milliseconds. A new conversion code of 'MM'
(Masked Milliseconds) has been added.

The internal data storage format is the number of milliseconds since
midnight.

The syntax for the ICONV Milliseconds (MM) function is:

   ICONV(num.expr, "MM [H] [S[M]]")

Regards,
Doug
www.u2logic.com/tools.html
"Resizer for those who want current technology"