On 15/01/13 07:47, Peter Cheney wrote:
> Hi Manu,
>
> Thankyou very very much for this it worked a treat. Absolutely brilliant!
> The index was already created so just had to find the right one amongst the
> others and all was good.

The only thing I'd add is that reading the index file directly like that
is probably a bad idea ... two ways round it ...

Either do a SELECT ... EQ ... which will read the index for you, or if
you're in BASIC use the READINDEX statement. Both of them should go
straight to the index so (a) it will be fast, and (b) you don't run the
danger of corrupting the index by having an accident with the index file.

At the end of the day, I'm always happier using official constructs
rather than a cheat workaround if they're going to be almost identical.

Cheers,
Wol