I'm trying my hand at some http interation from within Unidata. I'm unclear about the proper way to POST data as the manual is vague. In short, I'm trying to POST two variables "foo" and "bar" to a given url:

X.URL = 'http://some.url.com/script.cgi'
X.METHOD='POST'
X.HANDLE = ''
X.RESULT = createRequest(X.URL,X.METHOD,X.HANDLE)

X.TIMEOUT=2000
X.POST.DATA = ??
X.RESULT = submitRequest(X.HANDLE,X.TIMEOUT,X.POST.DATA,X.RESPONSE.HEADERS,X.RESPONSE.DATA,X.HTTP.STATUS)

I'm not clear how to properly format the post data - the documentation says it ignores previously set addRequestParameters. I'm guessing X.POST.DATA should be something like:

X.POST.DATA = 'foo':@VM:'foo value':@FM:'bar':@VM:'bar value'

But that's a complete guess.

Thanks,
Jeff (thawing from loads of snow)

--
Jeffrey Butera, PhD
Associate Director for Application and Web Services