From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of
bradley.sch...@usbank.com
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:29 PM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: [U2] [UD] correlative syntax

A coworker just ran across the following in one of our DICTs. The name of the
item indicates it was written by someone who is no longer with the organization
and was well known for knowing wonderful arcane UniData tidbits. We can't find
anything describing what exactly is going on. The end result is very useful.
I'm wondering if anyone can explain the @#""
bit.

OCONV(@ID,"G*1"); OCONV(@,"FILE;X;0;0"); @#""

The file the DICT is in has a compound key: ACCOUNT.NUMBER*sequential.
What this item does is grab the account number, attempt to read from FILE and
return a 0 if the account doesn't exist in FILE or a 1 if it does.
Pretty nifty.

UD7.1
AIX5.3

TIA,
Brad.
U.S. BANCORP made the following annotations
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.

Dave Davis
Team Lead, R&D

P: 614-875-4910 x108
F: 614-875-4088
E: dda...@harriscomputer.com
        [http://www.harriscomputer.com/images/signatures/HarrisSchools.jpg]

[http://www.harriscomputer.com/images/signatures/DivisionofHarris.gif]<http://www.harriscomputer.com/>
        6110 Enterprise Parkway
Grove City, OH
43123
www.harris-schoolsolutions.com<http://www.harris-schoolsolutions.com>

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you
are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all
copies of the message.