You're welcome Peter. Sounds like you're past first base (communications OK)
and now the challenge is handing the XML data exchanges. That will be fun!
Will you use be the UV BASIC XML DOM routines?

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Peter Cheney
Sent: Wednesday, 6 March 2013 11:37 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] UV: Consuming https service from within UVBasic using SOAP

Hi again,

Finally had a chance to get back to this and have had success using a slightly
modified version of the code here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org/msg17243.html

After reviewing David's suggestions below and confirming the certificate
requirements, the only areas requiring change were the URL (to the https url we
had set up), and the path to where our client certificate accessible by UV
(e.g. /opt/uv/certificates/Client-Root.cer)

This brought some success as I was at least getting a response from the
webserver but it was an error code 415 indicating incorrect mime type.
e.g. "415 Cannot process the message because the content type
'application/x-www-form-urle".
 (the output is truncated but is just enough to get an idea of what is wrong)

Then I discovered that the http_method parameter for 'POST' in the
createSecureRequest function has a default mime type of
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded" so I changed the HTTP.POST variable from
"POST" to "POST:application/soap+xml".

Hey presto! Now I get this reply from the webserver:
e.g.

ResponseHeaders         : Content-Length▒518▒Content-Type▒application/soap+xml;
charset=utf-8▒Server▒Microsoft-IIS/7.0▒X-Powered-By▒ASP.NET▒Date▒Tue, 05 Mar
2013 23:41:35 GMT
ResponseData            : <s:Envelope
xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope";
xmlns:a="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing";><s:Header><a:Action
s:mustUnderstand="1">http://tempuri.org/IJobService/CreateJob1UserPartyRoleResponse</a:Action><a:RelatesTo>urn:uuid:5af711cc-4ed3-4208-baa1-48aa9f74af60</a:RelatesTo></s:Header><s:Body><CreateJob1UserPartyRoleResponse

xmlns="http://tempuri.org/";><CreateJob1UserPartyRoleResult>513682af531c9e1090b67f20</CreateJob1UserPartyRoleResult></CreateJob1UserPartyRoleResponse></s:Body></s:Envelope>
HttpStatus              : 200  OK

Many thanks again to David and Symeon for their assistance in this.

Cheers
Peter

PS My code at this stage is only a prototype and is functionally the same as
the example in the URL above but if anyone would like a copy then please let me
know.

************** IMPORTANT MESSAGE *****************************
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information which may be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email,
do not use or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your
system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or
commitment by the sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.