Hello everyone,

We have been playing around with the UniBasic commands createRequest and
submitRequest for use with some web services provided by our external
vendors.  Unfortunately, one of the web services requires updates to
existing data records to be submitted using the PUT method, instead of
POST.  According to the UniBasic Commands Reference for both UniData 7.2
and 7.3, the PUT method appears to not be supported for the createRequest
command.  That struck me as a little odd, so just to be sure, we tried it
and couldn't get it to work.

Does anyone know of an alternative way to create http requests in UniBasic
that would support the PUT method?  We have UniData 7.2 running on HP-UX.
Most of my programming experience is on other platforms, typically on
Windows, so my normal solution to this problem would be to make use of
Microsoft's WinHTTP object (or one of its equivalent siblings) to handle
the http request.  Is there a way to do something equivalent to that in
UniBasic on HP-UX?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can give me!
Jim Stoner