LCD
----- Original Message ----- From: "Charlie Noah" <cwn...@comcast.net>
To: "U2 Users List" <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: [U2] FYI off topic

Hi Robert,

Are you talking about LCD monitors or LCD/plasma TVs?

Charlie

On 05-07-2013 4:05 PM, Robert Frailey wrote:
Dont throw away those flat screens when they die.
I fixed one today, 30 minutes and 5 capacitors on the output power supply. They seem to be made with under rated caps. So far since last year i've fixed 9 flat screen monitors, all capacitors in the output power supply. I've change the caps but up'd the rated voltage on each so if it 470uf 10v, i put in a 470uf at 25v. Easier than fixing tube monitors, takes about 30 minutes. Nice side job in the future, everyone will have a couple.

Robert