From: Robert Houben
> \windows\syswow64

Rather than Windows On Windows I like to think Microsoft has built-in
World Of Warcraft.

> With Microsoft typical logic this is where 32 bit versions of
commands
> reside on x64. 64 bit ones are in system32.

(I know Robert is aware of why MS did the WoW thing initially but I'm
having some fun here.)

Yes, compare this to the perfectly logical Linux where /usr/lib64 is
just a symlink to /usr/lib, where both 32bit and 64bit applications
are stored together.

Of course that depends on your distro but that apparently hasn't
confused any Linux developers ... oh wait it has. As an example Ubuntu
is more explicit with /usr/lib, /usr/lib32, and /usr/lib64. Oh wait,
they changed between v2 and v3 to multiarch with usr/lib and now
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu. But I'm sure that moving target didn't
confuse developers ... oh wait it did...

I'm not adverse to bashing any entity for stupidity, and Microsoft
deserves its share. But it's tough to bash one group when "the
alternative" is just as bad at the exact same things. That's twice
just today that I get a chance to comment on such things.