From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Al DeWitt
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2013 6:10 AM
To: (u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org)
Subject: [U2] OPENSEQ

Please educate me on OPENSEQ.  I have some code that is giving me an error.
The funny thing is that I stole the code from a working program:  The code:

064: FNAME = 'LLV':FNAME:'.XLS'
065: OPENSEQ "\\SERVER\SHARE-NAME\FOLDER-NAME\LrgLbrVariances",FNAME TO
OUT.FILE ELSE
066: *OPENSEQ "LRGLBRVARS",FNAME TO OUT.FILE ELSE
067:   ERRCD = STATUS()
068:   GOSUB 900
069:   CALL SB.DISP(3,'SFC9667 OPENSEQ Error: ':ERRMSG:' Program is
aborting.')
070:   GO 9999
071: END
If I run it as is ERRCD = 2.  If I comment out 65 and uncomment 66 ERRCD =
0.  According to manual 2 means: The file does not exist.  A 0 means The
record does not exist.

In my voc file I have an entry for LRGLBRVARS.  It looks like this:
Top of "LRGLBRVARS" in "VOC", 3 lines, 48 characters.
001: DIR
002: \\led\fs-styl\Public\LrgLbrVariances
003: D_HOLD_
Bottom.
 What is OPENSEQ looking for and where does it expect it to find it?

Thanks.

Albert DeWitt, CPIM