As I mentioned earlier I went back and started over.  This is my
Top of "LRGLBRVARS" in "VOC", 3 lines, 48 characters.
001: DIR
002: \\ServerName\ShareName\Folder\LrgLbrVariances
003: D_HOLD_
Bottom.

My OPENSEQ statement is this: OPENSEQ "LRGLBRVARS",FNAME TO OUT.FILE ELSE NULL

This opens my previously non-existing file, allows me to write to it and closes
it.

It does what I want it to.  As I mentioned to someone else I have no idea why
the above statement worked, but trying to error catching showed an error
condition.

Go figure.

Albert DeWitt, CPIM
Sr. Programmer Analyst

Stylmark, Inc.
6536 Main St NE | Minneapolis MN 55432 | USA
DD: 763-574-8705 | PH: 763-574-7474 | F: 763-574-1415
adew...@stylmark.com
www.stylmark.com

Stylmark is a proud member of RDI, ARE, NGA
You can now find Stylmark on LinkedIn and Facebook