Hi Jeffery:

We have a client with 6,000 dictionaries items and they have no performance
problems  If the dictionary is sized correctly, there generally is no
performance hit.  However, editing it with some tools is a pain because it
takes quite a long time to read them.

Regards,
Doug
www.u2logic.com
"XLr8Dictionary Editor for large dictionary editing"