From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of McGowan, Ian
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2013 9:33 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] UD hot backup/RFS options

We had a server crash 4pm yesterday (very unusual for IBM RS6000) and after
guide/fixfile we had so much data corruption that a restore from previous days
backup was needed.

The question for the list is if anyone is successfully doing RFS or other
incremental type backups?  A quick google search shows a lot of people asking
questions, but not a lot of "it works great" success stories.  Looking to get a
sense of real world usage before heading down that road, and potentially paying
for consulting to implement.

Any input, opinions, advice appreciated!
Ian

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.
This email transmission may contain confidential information.  This
information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to
whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from
your files if you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for your
compliance.  Copyright (c) 2013 Cigna