Harold,

I don't see the big deal with downloading the
HP-UX Internet Express for HP-UX 11i
v2https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPUXIEXP1123&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

that contains curl, along with several other useful tools would be? I can't see
too many cons of having this package on your server..

curl is about as 'light' of an application as it gets.

Chris