From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
<u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org> on behalf of George Gallen
<ggal...@wyanokegroup.com>
Sent: Friday, 8 November 2013 5:05 AM
To: U2 Users
Subject: [U2] Non-SQL re-entrant query calls are not allowed??? (UV 10.0.2 )

OK.

I Setup a Subroutine that if I call from an IDESC Gives me the following error:
Non-SQL re-entrant query calls are not allowed'

Am I to take this as, you can't do a SELECT on a file, from an IDESC Subroutine?

However, If I call it from another basic program, it works just fine.

The program runs the following code:
   CMD="SELECT FRED-XREF-FILE WITH FILENAME = '":FILENAME:"' TO 5"
   PRINT CMD
   EXECUTE CMD RTNLIST CAPTURING JUNK
   PRINT JUNK
   PRINT @SELECTED:" SELECTED"
   SIDNO=""
   LOOP
      READNEXT ID FROM 5 ELSE EXIT
      PRINT ID
      SIDNO=FIELD(ID,"_",2)
   REPEAT
*

And the IDESC:
0001: I
0002: SUBR('*CRM.RETURN.PROFESSION','MASTER.HEMONC',@ID)
0003:
0004: PROFESSION
0005: 30L
0006: S

It's the SELECT that fails - but only when run from the IDESC

Example:

0001: FILE="MASTER.HEMONC"
0002: ID="123456"
0003: CALL *CRM.RETURN.PROFESSION(PROFESSION,FILE,ID)
0004: PRINT PROFESSION

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division, EDI Administrator
ggal...@wyanokegroup.com
ph:856.848.9005 Ext 220
The Wyanoke Group
http://www.wyanokegroup.com<http://www.wyanokegroup.com/>

Note:
This email (inc all attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient(s)
only.
Privileged or confidential information may be contained in this communication.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete all copies of this message from your computer network. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
distribute this email without the author's prior permission. If you are the
intended recipient and you do not wish to receive similar electronic messages
from us in future, then please respond to the sender to this effect.
We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software
viruses, but advise you to carry out your own virus checks on this email and
its attachments. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by
software viruses and do not represent that this transmission is free from
viruses or other defects.
Firstmac Limited (ABN 59 094 145 963) (AFSL 290600)