Hello Bill,

I use the BDT all day, every day, and I've never experienced this behavior,
even over remote connections.  I leave the syntax checking turned on all
the time, and still I do not have any sluggishness or delayed behavior.

I am wondering if you could be more specific as to exactly how you are
using the BDT, as this may make a big difference.   What specific task are
you doing when you press a key and the delay appears?  Is this in the
resource view, or when editing a basic program, or editing file data?

Finally it would be worth pointing out that the BDT is built on the Eclipse
IDE, which is a notoriously "heavy" java program.   I typically see the
eclipse java process consuming over 500mb of memory even when idle.  You
would want to make sure that as a result of this you are not causing your
computer to page the application.  This may be happening if you have a lot
of other applications open and not enough RAM.

-Aaron