To: "U2 Users List" <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: [U2] EDI Question...

ISA (IEA) and GS (GE) control numbers should be consecutive per trading partner. The Receiver COMM ID and the control number together are what the VAN looks at.

George Gallen wrote:
The control numbers for the ISA/GS/ST segments, do they need to be unique only on a trading partner scale, or on a VAN scale?

So if two trading partners are going through the same VAN, can they both have say a ISA control # of 00001?

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division, EDI Administrator
ggal...@wyanokegroup.com
ph:856.848.9005 Ext 220
The Wyanoke Group
http://www.wyanokegroup.com<http://www.wyanokegroup.com/>