From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Baakkonen, Rodney A
(Rod) 46K
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 5:24 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Logging program execution in Unidata?

 What we did was have a cron run every 10 minutes that executed a Unidata
program. The Unidata program did a PCPERFORM sbcsprogs to capture everything
that was running out of the global catalog. It parses up the output of
sbcsprogs and builds a Unidata file. This file has the program name as the key
and the following attributes:

DR                      DoctoR (Display Record)     File: CBH.PROGRAM.TRACKING

ATB ATB Name                  Conv       Value       Item: CLM101

  1 Last Update               D2/        01/06/14
  2 First Recorded            D2/        11/16/00
  3 No of Times Captured                 4254
End of Defined Attributes

If something consistently runs and finshes within 10 minutes, it will never be
recorded. You could have the threshold set to whatever you want. But we thought
10 minutes was good enough for our usage.