I created a program (LIST.EXPORT) that works similar to the LIST command. The
report has tab delimited columns and is output to the &HOLD& file. The
command line command LIST.EXPORT allows conv and col.hdg column modifiers.
The command requires a saved list name to know which records to select. I
suspect the only limitation is the number of characters that can be entered
on a command line.
LIST.EXPORT reads the dictionary record for each column to determine if it
is a "D" or "I" type. Value marks and sub value marks are converted to
spaces. I have not yet added normalisation to the routine.