Also keep in mind that MERGE.LIST (if you can get it to work) will also
Remove Duplicate Keys

George

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Bill Haskett
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:22 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Left Outer Join Question

NSELECT gets the items in the list, created by "SELECT X", that do not
exist in Y.  Consequently, you can do things like:

SELECT VENDORS WITH LAST USED > "01/01/13" INVOICEKEY
xxx records selected to list 0
NSELECT INVOICES

...where INVOICEKEY is the field that produces the record keys into the
INVOICES file.

Duplicate keys are a different story.  If you want the list to be
duplicate free then you need to use the "SAVING UNIQUE" (that's UniData
but I think it's also UniVerse) keyword at the end of the SELECT
statement.  e.g.

SELECT VENDORS WITH LAST USED > "01/01/13" INVOICEKEY
xxx records selected to list 0
SELECT INVOICES SAVING UNIQUE @ID

HTH,

Bill