From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Gregor Scott
Sent: Wednesday, 5 March 2014 11:29
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Multi-threaded phantom processing

There are options you can explore using the BASIC SQL Client Interface. These
will allow basic programs running as phantoms to establish their own connection
to the remote site and run subroutines supplied with data as parameters. This
would bypass the need for multiple server phantoms listening and reacting to
socket connections.
You could also look at hosting web services on the AIX server and use the
submitrequest() functions.

Gregor Scott
System Group Manager

549 Blackburn Rd  Mount Waverley
VIC 3149 Australia
P: +61 3 9535 2222
F: +61 3 9535 2274
E: gregor.sc...@pentanasolutions.com
W: pentanasolutions.com

Pentana Solutions accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for
the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided,
unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing
strictly prohibited.
Gregor Scott
System Group Manager

549 Blackburn Rd  Mount Waverley
VIC 3149 Australia
P: +61 3 9535 2222
F: +61 3 9535 2274
E: gregor.sc...@pentanasolutions.com
W: pentanasolutions.com

Pentana Solutions accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for
the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided,
unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing
strictly prohibited.

Note:
This email (inc all attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient(s)
only.
Privileged or confidential information may be contained in this communication.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete all copies of this message from your computer network. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
distribute this email without the author's prior permission. If you are the
intended recipient and you do not wish to receive similar electronic messages
from us in future, then please respond to the sender to this effect.
We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software
viruses, but advise you to carry out your own virus checks on this email and
its attachments. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by
software viruses and do not represent that this transmission is free from
viruses or other defects.
Firstmac Limited (ABN 59 094 145 963) (AFSL 290600)