From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Chris Austin
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 11:39 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] INDEX taking forever to rebuild after server upgrade.

Hello,

We recently upgraded to a new Windows 2012 R2 server with the latest version of
UniVerse (11.2.x). Everything
seems to be working great except we noticed that 1 index on 1 record is taking
a TON of time to do a rebuild.

The basic syntax we're using is >

EXECUTE  'CREATE.INDEX ':FILENAME:' ':FIELDNAME
EXECUTE  'BUILD.INDEX ':FILENAME:' ':FIELDNAME

The output looks like >

Clearing Index File INDEX.007

Starting DATA processing for index 'OTHER_REF'!
****************************        2251000 processed.
***********

However, this used to finish in a couple minutes and now runs for HOURS without
finishing.

Any ideas what would cause this or how to remedy the situation? Maybe the index
is corrupt?

Thanks,

Chris

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.