You can also use the program stack (UD - SYSTEM(49), UV - SYSTEM(9001), D3 - SYSTEM(33)). This gives not only the program running but the path. That ought to give needed information to both open the file and read the program source code.

HTH,

Bill

----- Original Message -----
*From:* d...@pickpro.com
*To:* U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
*Date:* 5/12/2014 4:55 PM
*Subject:* Re: [U2] Read yourself
We always have a variable "PGID" defined at the top of the program.
This at least HELPS identify the source code.

Most of our programs have the ability to edit the code while you are in the program via
some common "hot-keys"
built into our core system. (controlled by security)
There is also a hot-key to view source in a custom program, outside the editor.

We use 'PGID' to identify the name of the current program.

In universe, you may also look at the results of SYSTEM(9001) to get the
current execution stack.
If your object file is type-19, and long-names are ON - it's easy to parse.