I know that the popular answer to this will be, "don't use JDBC, use UniObjects", but barring that....

I have noticed that if I pass an empty string as the password to the DriverManager.getConnection(...) method, the user will be successfully authenticated as long as the supplied username is valid on the system.  An incorrect, non-empty password results in authentication failure, but an empty password does not.  This is on Universe version 10.0.6.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Could it be somehow configuration related, or is it a bug?  If it is a bug, is it fixed in a later version?

Thanks,
Geoff

--
Geoffrey Mitchell                                           314-684-1062
Programmer/Analyst                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]