We have an ORDER file in our uvsql account. This file is
  a dynamic file. The select statement below works fine.
                    ----  however ---
       If I run that same select statement, but use a  q-pointer
  to the ORDER file in my production UV account, it chokes on the
  'LIKE' statement.

    SELECT @ID, F1, F2, F31, F32, F35, F36, F150, F24 FROM ORDER

        WHERE @ID LIKE '1234567';

               The error message is...

        The LIKE operator may only be used with character data

      Any ideas will be  mucho appreciated.....

Barry Rogen
Senior Programmer
PNY  Technologies
(973) 515 - 9700  ext 5327