I must say there is a certain amount of perverse enjoyment in torturing
users.
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Don Verhagen
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 9:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [OT]: SB+ GUI and the blue screen of OUTPUT

It's kind of fun, to see the users say, "did that just flash something".  I
wish IBM (SB+) would fiqure out a way to get that in to a GUI type window.
Say a little pop-up, may a GUIERR.CLASS instead of a FORM.CLASS.

----------------------------
Donald Verhagen                       1690 S Congress Avenue, Suite 210
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Delray Beach, FL 33445  USA
Tandem Staffing Solutions, Inc.  Voice Phone: 561.454.3592
Senior Programmer                      Fax Phone: 561.454.3640
-------------------------------

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 9:08:47 AM 01/28/2004 >>>
MessageJust wanted to weigh in .....
[snipped..]
A side benefit, at least for us, is we actually use two generic processes.
One captures the output of the command and the other doesn't.  This allows
us, when needed, to keep that unsightly blue screen from flashing in the
middle of the GUI application and panicking users.

Mike Dallaire
Mortgage Builder Software Inc.
(248) 208-3223 ext. 103