Hi all,

UV 9.6 / HPUX 11

I have a hashed file approaching the 2 gig limit.  I need some help determining
whether to go with the dynamic or 64 bit option.

Here are some specifics.

The file is our inventory history file which is, as you can imagine, used heavily.
Approximately 85 percent of the records are 4k in size.

I have always frowned upon using dynamic files because they seem to be slower compared
to hashed.  Maybe because I have never attempted to figure out how to tune them.

Can anyone give me the pros/cons of using the 64 bit versus dynamic option?

Thanks in advance,

Scott