Hello all,

I'm wondering if there's a way within Linux to detect when a tcp/ip connection is
lost. Here's the scenario...

I telnet to my linux machine from my PC. I then disconnect my Ethernet cable
(simulating a network failure, loss of broadband service, etc..) Then I reconnect my
Ethernet cable and telnet into the linux machine again.

If I do a "who" command, I see the old connection as well as my current connection.

Running RedHat Linux 8, universe 10.0.13

I've tried several variations of netstat, who, etc...to try and identify these
"stranded" connections, with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Donnie Jacobs