&TEMP& can't be guaranteed to exist.  It's created if, during an upgrade, items are
found in VOC that are different in type to the replacement that's to be installed in
VOC as part of the upgrade.  If an account has never been upgraded, there won't be a
&TEMP& file.  You'd be better off choosing &SAVEDLISTS&, which does always exist, but
which doesn't help you get over your escaping problem.

You *should* be able to use double quotes around the pathname.  For example:
execute 'dos /c cscript "&temp&/myscript.vbs"' capturing cap

But this has two pieces of grief.

One is that the entire command must also be quoted (for the DOS /C command) if the
command contains white space.  For example:
execute 'dos /C "cscript &temp&/myscript.vbs"' capturing cap
You can probably fiddle around with the third quote character, for example:
execute \dos /C 'cscript "&temp&/myscript.vbs"'\ capturing cap

The other is that EXECUTE - under what circumstances I can't quite remember - has a
tendency to strip a level of quotes.

Anyway, try some of those variations.  If that doesn't work, create a Type 19 file as
part of the command.  For example:

execute 'DOS /C "mkdir mytmp; cscript mytmp/myscript.vbs"' capturing cap

or even

execute 'DOS /C "mkdir mytmp; cscript mytmp/myscript.vbs; del /S mytmp"' capturing cap