Tom,

IIRC, on HP-UX / UV9.x, when $OPTION TIME.MILLISECOND was set
*       TIME() returned whole seconds, and
*       SYSTEM(12) returned milliseconds, but the last three digits
        were always '000' (!)

With UV10.x, when $OPTION TIME.MILLISECOND is NOT set
*       TIME() returns decimal seconds (e.g. "47811.843"),
*       @TIME  returns whole seconds (e.g. "47811" - note the
        truncation, not rounding, also TIME() is 'time now' & @TIME
        is 'time this program started', which are not quite the
        same thing), and
*       SYSTEM(12) returns decimal seconds the same as TIME()

With UV10.x, when $OPTION TIME.MILLISECOND IS set
*       TIME() returns whole seconds (e.g. "47811"),
*       @TIME  returns whole seconds the same as TIME(),
*       SYSTEM(12) returns whole milliseconds (e.g. "47811843")

I believe the change at UV10.0 made the HP-UX platform work the
same as all the others.

So, if you want your programs to work the same on HP-UX UV10.x
as they did on UV9.x, I think you'll need to recompile
"$OPTION TIME.MILLISECOND" into all your programs.

HTH

Mike

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.