From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 February 2004 17:08
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: Secondary Indices on Distributed Files

I've got a Distributed File that I'm trying to create indices on.  Four
of
the fields are D-Types, and CREATE.INDEX runs fine for them.  Three
fields
though, are I-Types (that are compiled and working), where CREATE.INDEX
gives the following error:

      I-descriptor must be compiled before execution.

      I-descriptor must be compiled before execution.

      I-descriptor must be compiled before execution.

      Program "*UVPRINTMSG":  pc = 34,  Variable previously undefined.
Zero length string used.
      [000000]

All seven fields are working just fine as indices on the original file
that
was a Static Hashed file.  I'm setting up the Distributed File to get
around the 2GB limit issues.

Does anyone know of any limitations putting secondary indices onto
distributed files?

Thanks!
Gary Canedy

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material.   If you received this email in error,
please
contact the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.
If
you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute,
print, or copy the email, or take any action in reliance on its
contents.

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and
confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on
anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way,
or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error
or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information
system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong
Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.