You could start here:

http://taxes.yahoo.com/rates.html

-----Original Message-----
From: George Gallen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 8:40 AM
To: 'Ardent List'
Subject: Payroll computations

I'm trying to write a program that will give a estimate (fairly close
estimate)
for determine what amount of money deducted pre-taxed, will cause your
taxable income to drop a tax bracket.

What I'm looking for is an excel file for tax rates on salary income.
I'm assuming you take the gross * (# payperiods in year) for annualized
salary
and use that as a base (depending on the # of dependants on the w4) would
give you the % to charge for fed inc tax.

Is that how it works?

(Annualized Salary - pre tax $) * (% based on dedecutions from table) = Fed
withholding $

I'm not looking to include state / FICA at this point

Is the above the correct method for determining taxable income for a
paycheck, and
if it is via tables where can I get the table in computer readable format.

George

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ph:856.848.1000 Ext 220

SLACK Incorporated - An innovative information, education and management
company
http://www.slackinc.com