Clif,

'Please ask whoever configures your responders to add a check for the header

LOL
You don't use MS Exchange / Outlook, do you Clif?

If you work for an organisation that uses these products, i.e. most of the
world, you simply don't have that kind of control.  There's an 'Out of
Office Rules Wizard' which allows you to send the message you see on the
list, one to each email address that sends you a message.
The alternatives are to set up your very own OoO rules, which is much more
difficult that the idiot Wizard, or to unsubscribe from the list, then
re-subscribe when you get back from leave.

Personally, I think it would be better if your mail server just dropped any
message with a subject containing " is out of the office", when the subject
does not contain "[ADMIN]".  Yes I know it's an ambulance at the bottom
rather than a fence at the top of the cliff, but ...

My $0.02

Mike

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.