I had ownership and permission changes when it was a directory file of some sort, like dynamic files. We stopped doing resizes as root, and that solved it. You may also want to fiddle with your umask. I didn't see it happen with files that resided in my current working directory, just the ones in subdirectories below it. At the time, I had a number of versions, and it was happening on 9.5, so the ticket was closed with the advice to upgrade to 10.x.

"Our greatest duty in this life is to help others. And please, if you can't help them, could you at least not hurt them?" - H.H. the Dalai Lama

"When buying & selling are controlled by legislation, the first thing to be bought & sold are the legislators" - P.J. O'Rourke

Dan Fitzgerald

From: "Stevenson, Charles" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [UV] RESIZE sometimes changes permissions
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:47:28 -0500

Occasionally RESIZE changes the permissions on a file but usually it
doesn't.
Has anyone else seen this? Do you know the rules about it?  Is it a bug?
A twist of unix security I don't know about?

As root, I resized hundreds of files over the weekend, none owned by
root.  Most were fine,  but I had half a dozen or so where write
permissions were changed. Owner & group remained the same.

I saw this once before when before when changing &SAVEDLISTS& from
type-1 to -19.

HPUX11, UV10.0.16.

Chas. Stevenson