Donald,
Shame on you. We're technologists. We don't *read* questions or *listen* to questions, we are much to busy *answering* them. After all, anyone can read and listen.

- Charles 'Tongue Firmly in Cheek' Barouch

Donald Kibbey wrote:

Thanks to all who have responded. I didn't realize that you could/should stick "PA" in front of such a list?!?

The little project I was working on was due yesterday, so I ended up just running the QSELECT and filtering the resulting list within the C# program. The list consisted of an invoice number tacked onto a client number and the program already had the invoice number as a variable. The manual actually states only one command at a time, so it's not like this is a bug or anything. Just that I have grown used to sticking 2-3 commands together with an @FM character and capturing the result.

And I know for a fact you don't need the PA in front, at least not with Pick flavor UniVerse.

Don Kibbey Financial Systems Manager Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner LLP (202) 216-5032

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/25/04 05:41AM >>>

I would actually try sending

PA @FM QSELECT @FM SSELECT

Dunno whether it would work, but if sending an @FM-delimited list of
commands screws up by giving all the rest of the string to the first
command, maybe making the first command PA (to invoke the paragraph
processor) would achieve exactly what he wants?

I never realised before I started reading cdp/oliver that you didn't
need PA at the start of an @FM list called by EXECUTE, so that's the way
I've always done things.

Cheers,
Wol